发表于 2011-12-13 22:19:13 | 显示全部楼层
[Book Description]
  THE GAME'S AFOOT...It is November 1890 and London is gripped by a merciless winter. Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson are enjoying tea by the fire when an agitated gentleman arrives unannounced at 221b Baker Street. He begs Holmes for help, telling the unnerving story of a scar-faced man with piercing eyes who has stalked him in recent weeks. Intrigued by the man's tale, Holmes and Watson find themselves swiftly drawn into a series of puzzling and sinister events, stretching from the gas-lit streets of London to the teeming criminal underworld of Boston. As the pair delve deeper into the case, they stumble across a whispered phrase 'the House of Silk': a mysterious entity and foe more deadly than any Holmes has encountered, and a conspiracy that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of society itself...With devilish plotting and excellent characterisation, bestselling author Anthony Horowitz delivers a first-rate Sherlock Holmes mystery for a modern readership whilst remaining utterly true to the spirit of the original Conan Doyle books. Sherlock Holmes is back with all the nuance, pace and powers of deduction that make him the world's greatest and most celebrated detective.

以上来自Amazon,因为中文版简介太坑爹了所以贴份英文版的。当然书也是英文版的,各位慎重下载。 

[作者简介] 
  安东尼·赫洛维兹
  1956年生于伦敦。国际畅销书作家,他的青少年系列间谍小说《旋风特务》风靡全球。
  16岁第一次读到福尔摩斯,之后成为一位福尔摩斯经典探案小说专家。他是柯南道尔产权会有史以来唯一认证的续写福尔摩斯之人。跨界创造的《丝之屋》,是安东尼?赫洛维兹对福尔摩斯的热爱和他本人卓越的叙述技巧的完美融合.
  他不只写小说,还是位多产的影视、舞台编剧。

[More About the Author]
Anthony Horowitz's life might have been copied from the pages of Charles Dickens or the Brothers Grimm. Born in 1956 in Stanmore, Middlesex, to a family of wealth and status, Anthony was raised by nannies, surrounded by servants and chauffeurs. His father, a wealthy businessman, was, says Mr. Horowitz, "a fixer for Harold Wilson." What that means exactly is unclear -- "My father was a very secretive man," he says-- so an aura of suspicion and mystery surrounds both the word and the man. As unlikely as it might seem, Anthony's father, threatened with bankruptcy, withdrew all of his money from Swiss bank accounts in Zurich and deposited it in another account under a false name and then promptly died. His mother searched unsuccessfully for years in attempt to find the money, but it was never found. That too shaped Anthony's view of things. Today he says, "I think the only thing to do with money is spend it." His mother, whom he adored, eccentrically gave him a human skull for his 13th birthday. His grandmother, another Dickensian character, was mean-spirited and malevolent, a destructive force in his life. She was, he says, "a truly evil person", his first and worst arch villain. "My sister and I danced on her grave when she died," he now recalls.
A miserably unhappy and overweight child, Anthony had nowhere to turn for solace. "Family meals," he recalls, "had calories running into the thousands&. I was an astoundingly large, round child&." At the age of eight he was sent off to boarding school, a standard practice of the times and class in which he was raised. While being away from home came as an enormous relief, the school itself, Orley Farm, was a grand guignol horror with a headmaster who flogged the boys till they bled. "Once the headmaster told me to stand up in assembly and in front of the whole school said, 'This boy is so stupid he will not be coming to Christmas games tomorrow.' I have never totally recovered." To relieve his misery and that of the other boys, he not unsurprisingly made up tales of astounding revenge and retribution.
Anthony Horowitz is perhaps the busiest writer in England. He has been writing since the age of eight, and professionally since the age of twenty. He writes in a comfortable shed in his garden for up to ten hours per day. In addition to the highly successful Alex Rider books, he has also written episodes of several popular TV crime series, including Poirot, Murder in Mind, Midsomer Murders and Murder Most Horrid. He has written a television series Foyle's War, which recently aired in the United States, and he has written the libretto of a Broadway musical adapted from Dr. Seuss's book, The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. His film script The Gathering has just finished production. And&oh yes&there are more Alex Rider novels in the works. Anthony has also written the Diamond Brothers series.

简介完毕,以下是楼主的一些废话,可以跳过。书的质量是毋庸置疑的,英文,原汁原味。内容多为冒险和悬疑情节,人物描写虽然很接近原著,但情节安排上,感觉还是差那么一块。这个在此不多说,各有各的想法。然后,我发英文版的目的是:我劝大家别买中文版了= =太坑爹了,装裱差质量差的,我没细看,不知道翻译如何(应该不错吧?),然后我还听说= =有的连目录都没有?所以大家还是看看电子版的过把瘾,收藏的话以后弄本英文版的算了。

特意转换的mobi格式,方便各类手机、电纸书、平板电脑阅读。因倒霉的帐号权限不足只能分为两卷上传,各位多包涵。最后,祝各位开卷有益。

[发帖际遇]:  Neptuilock自作聪明偷走埃勒里奎因的眼镜被奎因找到,赔偿奎因英镑3镑
本帖子中包含更多图片或附件资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?加入学院

本主题帖为【历史主题】,仅楼主发布内容可以浏览。
| 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-15 19:38:52 | 显示全部楼层
看来需要计算机知识普及一下了..两个文件一起选择,右键,解压到---指定地址
                                                                               |
                                                                               ----当前文件夹
这两个分卷是用360优化过的,专适应论坛。刚刚测试,完全可以使用~
登录帐号可查看完整回帖内容
尚未登录
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入学院