查看: 2954|回复: 23

[原创短篇] 【赛事】诺江大学疑案(中英双语)

简洁模式
发表于 2020-12-14 16:45:32 | 显示全部楼层
未经作者同意,禁止转载本篇小说
作者叨叨:本来是一篇英语作业,留的是短篇小说的创作,于是自己就瞎写了一篇,其中有对我喜欢的作家的一些致敬,祝狩猎愉快!

诺江大学疑案

下面的故事是我从苏珩那里听到的少数让他感兴趣的故事之一。所以我把它记录在案,现在向公众公布,它揭示了事件的真相和许多未知的秘密。为了不让读者在不必要的细节上浪费时间,我真诚地提醒你,在这篇文章中,警方的描述是真实的,因此,没有必要质疑其中证据的真实性。
祝:狩猎愉快!
韩牧河

“那么,是什么风把你吹来的?”苏珩坐在壁炉旁抽着烟斗问道:“我只是个退休的老头,落伍了。”
“是郑局派我们来找您的。”刘侦探和李警官坐在对面,小心翼翼地回答。
“那个老混蛋。”
“这个案子非常棘手。如果我们解决不了,很快就会被曝光的。”
“让公众蒙在鼓里。你们很擅长这个,不是吗?”
“记者们围得团团转,如果再没有实质性进展,恐怕我们会惹上麻烦。”
“详细地告诉我发生了什么事。”苏珩从椅子上站起身来。
李警官开始叙述。
“我相信您已听说一个月前诺江大学发生的恶性投毒事件。方阳,当地大亨方鸿锐的儿子,在一次聚会上被毒死。此事已被当地政府和方舟子压制,但最近网上似乎出现了一些相关报道。”
“有所耳闻,”苏珩慢慢地说,“尸检分析怎么说的?”
“砷中毒,”李警官拿出验尸报告,“咖啡杯里有三氧化砷。方阳在厕所里被发现,昏迷不醒。所有的救援措施都用上了,最后还是不行。”
苏珩皱了皱眉,“现场?”
“聚会在学校里一个很偏僻的咖啡馆里举行。监测显示,当时没有其他人靠近。如果没有判断错误,凶手就只能是在场人员其中之一。据警方调查,当时只有3名服务人员,另外10名同学和他们的班主任韦昌剑有机会在咖啡里下毒。”
“是的,”苏珩若有所思地点了点头,“是的,如果你的信息没有错的话。自杀的可能性被排除了。他杀是唯一合理的解释。”
“自杀可以被排除,”刘警探说。“方洋是诺江大学化学与化工实验班的研究生一年级学生。一个阳光男孩,虽然他是富二代,但平时没有坏习惯,也没有树敌。他待人和善。没有自杀的可能。”
“没有杀人动机?”苏珩淡淡地说。
李警官尴尬地说:“常规的动机已经过评估,但没有找到有价值的信息。”
“大概明白,”苏珩说,“其他人的采访报告有什么有趣的地方吗?”
李警官没有说话,看着刘侦探。
“您可能也知道,”刘侦探试探性地说,“那件事。”
“证人的被谋杀?”苏珩问:“我听说了。你们比我更清楚,纸包不住火。”
“是的,在案件发生三天后,我们收到一封匿名信,说它掌握了方阳事件的重要线索,我们约定在周六晚上12点在诺江渡口码头仓库区见面。当我们到达那里时,却发生了一起事故。”
“诺江爆炸事件对外宣称是操作失误造成的,”刘警探喃喃地说,“库区的管理确实存在重大问题。这可以看作是对他们的提醒。”
苏珩什么也没说,静静地等着他们继续。
“那天晚上我们派了一个专员去见他,就在见面前,储藏区附近的油箱爆炸了。”侦探说,“我们有理由相信这是一次对知情者有计划的谋杀。”
“证人的身份呢?”苏珩问道。
“现场一片狼藉,身份认证非常困难。虽然我们没有得到直接的身份证据,但我们最终在那里找到了一个金项链。吊坠上刻的信息表明是方阳同学万钰滢的项链。她的家人声称,这确实是她从小就随身携带的。”
“万钰滢的信息。”
李警官又拿出一份文件。
“万钰滢,女,方同学。从周围人的评价来看,万钰滢不是那种社交型的人,平时沉闷无聊、默默无闻,属于人群中找不到的那种。除了提供信息,我们无法找出她当时碰巧在那里的其他原因。”
“现在有四个嫌疑人,”刘侦探拿出更多的文件。
“黄赞道,男,24岁。方阳的同学,根据别人的评价,他和方阳不是很和谐。因为奖学金和荣誉称号,他和方阳发生了矛盾。在审问时,他对这些事情也不置可否。”
“第二个是王凯,男,54岁。咖啡清洁工,这个人很孤僻,对他的审问很难进行。”
“另一个是罗林荣,女,25岁。方洋的同学,方洋的前女友,学习成绩优异。”
“第四个是孔悦,女,23岁。她也是方阳的同学。因为一些问题,她和方洋发生了冲突。她也是个狠角色,在学校里名声不好。
李警官补充说:“四号晚上,没有一个嫌疑人有不在场证明。”。
“嗯?”苏珩哼了一声:“大家都被监视了吗?”
“我们只是因为人手不足才监控这些关键人员,”侦探解释说。
李警官想了一会儿说:“韦昌剑本来也在我们的调查范围之内。”
“韦昌剑?”苏珩问:“他是个什么样的人?”
“诺江大学副教授,他看起来风度翩翩儒雅,随和,但在学生中有很多流言。有人说他的论文是伪造的,还说他和他的学生有染。他体质很差,患有严重的心脏病。离开药物就像判他死刑。
“爆炸造成的伤亡人数统计了吗?”苏珩突然问了一个与案件无关的问题。
“因为当时是深夜,又不是工作日,所幸没有造成重大伤亡。只有三名员工有不同程度的烧伤。其中有我们的一位探员,但万钰滢,”李警官停顿了一下,不愿多说。他接着说,“她离爆炸太近了。”
鸿肃继续抽着烟斗。
“事情似乎有头绪了,说下去。”苏珩看了看对面的两个年轻人,“你们来找我,是因为发生了别的事。”
“是的……”警官低头低声说。
“昨天我们发现了韦昌剑的尸体。”
苏珩示意警员继续。
“我们今天早上收到这个消息。在韦昌剑家附近的巷子里,几个淘气的孩子发现了他。我们到现场时,发现韦昌剑面露狰狞,倒在地上。他被即刻送去医院,但最后还是医治无效。信息被封锁了。死亡发生在晚上12点到2点之间。死因,”警官叹口气,道,“砷中毒。”
“注射致死。虽然尸检报告还没有发布,但已能确认死亡是注射三氧化砷所致。”
“换言之,”苏珩摸着下巴说,“他在痛苦中一点点死去。”
李警官说:“是啊,恐怖的死法。”。
“爆炸的伤亡情况已经向公众公布了吗?”苏珩突然问道。
“啊……”李警官显然也被这个问题问住了,“伤亡情况已经公布,遇难者家属的索赔也已经结束。诺河大学学生日前自发发起纪念万钰滢的活动,称她是正义的斗士。”
“不能再压了。如果这种情况继续下去,恐怕会发生大规模的社会动乱。”李警官叹了口气,摇了摇头。
“我明白了。”苏珩坐了下来,“我已经知道了基本情况。把文件留下,你们两个就可以走了。”
“嗯……”警察们互相看了看。
苏珩说:“我明天给你们答复。”。
送走两名警察后,苏珩立即打电话给我。
“牧河,我是苏珩。请在你们报社的报纸上发表一条消息,并在明天的头版刊登。”
“诺河大学韦昌剑副教授砷中毒奇迹生还。”

☆挑战读者

在故事情节进行到这里时,我插几句话来考验读者的智慧,这真的让我私信喜悦,莫可名状。为什么喜悦?因为这个案子确实有很多细节值得思考。对于经常被读者戏弄的人来说,这确实是一种乐趣。这真是一种享受。
“这是个棘手的案子吗?”他们问:“哦,天哪,我一下子就解决了!”如果你能用下面这句话来回应上面的陈述,那会很有趣:“好的。好吧,读者们,你也许认为这个解决办法是正确的,但没想到你被愚弄了!”
我可能过于乐观了。但无论如何,大局已定。粗心的读者,你应该知道你现在掌握了所有的事实,并且能够准确地回答这个问题:故事的真相是什么?
我满心诚挚地斗胆进言:Garde à vous, 去伤伤脑筋吧!
韩牧河
| 楼主| 发表于 2020-12-14 16:46:24 | 显示全部楼层
英文版:

The Case of Noe River University

The following story is one of the few I have heard from Su Hon that interests him. So I put it on record, now informing the public, which reveals the truth of the unfolded events and many secrets unknown. In order to spare the reader waste of time on unnecessary details, I sincerely remind you that, in the article, the descriptions from the police are factual, and therefore, there is no need to question the veracity of the evidence therein.
Good luck and happy hunting!
Han Mukhe

"So, what brought you here?" Su Hon asked as he sat by the fireplace, smoking his pipe, "I'm just an old man in retirement, falling behind the times."
"It was Bureau Zheng who sent us to find you." Detective Liu and Constable Li, sitting opposite, replied cautiously.
"That old bastard."
"And this case is extremely horrific. If we can't solve it, it’ll come to light soon."
"Keep the public in dark. You are good at doing this, hum?"
"Journalists are buzzing around, and if there is no more substantial progress, I'm afraid that we shall get into trouble."
"Then, tell me in detail what happened." Su Hon rose slightly from the chair.
Constable Li began his narrative.
"I'm sure you've heard of the vicious poisoning incident that took place at Noe River University a month ago. Fang Yang, son of local tycoon Fang Hongrui, was poisoned to death at a party. The matter has been suppressed by the local government and the Fang, but recently it seems that some related reports have appeared on the internet."
"I’ve heard something about this." Su Hon slowly said, "What did the autopsy analysis say?"
"Arsenic poisoning," Constable Li took out the autopsy report, "Arsenic trioxide in his coffee cup. Fang Yang was found unconscious in the toilet. All rescue measures proved ineffectual."
Su Heng frowned, "What about the scene?"
"The party was held in a very remote cafe in the school. Monitoring showed that no one were approaching at the time. If there is no wrong judgment, the murderer could only be among them. According to police investigations, under that situation, only three service personnel were present, and the other ten classmates and their head teacher Wei Changjian had a chance to poison the coffee."
"Yes," Su Hon nodded thoughtfully, "Yes, if your information is not wrong. The possibility of suicide was ruled out, the only suspect homicide."
"Suicide can be dismissed," Detective Liu said. "Fang Yang is a first-year student in the chemistry and chemical experiment class of Noe River University. A sunny boy, although he is a rich second-generation, he had no bad habits and no enemies at ordinary times. He treats others easily. There is no possibility of suicide."
"There is no motive for homicide?" Su Heng said lightly.
"The regular motives have been evaluated, but no valuable information has been found." Constable Li said, with embarrassment in his voice.
"Probably understand." Su Heng said, "Does the interview report of other people have anything interesting?"
Constable Li did not speak and looked at Detective Liu.
"You may also know," Detective Liu said tentatively, "that matter."
"The witness was murdered?" Su Heng asked, "I have heard something. You know it better than me, and no fire can be in paper."
"Yes, three days after the case happened, we received an anonymous letter saying that the writer had essential clues to the Fangyang incident, and we agreed to meet at the Noe River Ferry Port warehouse area at 12 o'clock that Saturday night. When we got there, an accident happened."
"The NOE River Explosion was claimed to have been caused by operational errors." Detective Liu murmured, "There are indeed major problems in the management of the reservoir area. It can be regarded as a reminder for them."
Su Hon said nothing, waiting for them to continue, quietly.
"We sent a commissioner to meet it that night, and just before the meeting, the fuel tank near the storage area exploded." The detective said, "It is reasonable to believe that this was a premeditated murder of the witness."
"So the identity of the witness?" Su Hon asked.
"The scene was all in mess, and it was very difficult to do identity authentication. Although we failed to get direct identity evidence, we finally found a gold pendant there. The information carved on the pendant indicated that it was a necklace of Wan Yuying, a classmate of Fang Yang. Her family claimed that it was indeed carried by her since she was a child."
"Wan Yuying's message."
Constable Li took out another document.
"Wan Yuying, female, the classmate of Fang. According to the evaluation of people around, Wan Yuying is not the social one, usually dull, boring, unknown, and belongs to the kind that can't be found in the crowd. Apart from providing information, we can't find out other reasons why she happened to be there at that time."
"There are four suspects now," Detective Liu took out more documents.
"Huang Zandao, male, 24 years old. Fang Yang’s classmate, according to other people’s comments, he and Fang Yang are not very harmonious. He had trouble with Fang Yang because of scholarships and honorary titles. When interrogated, he was also noncommittal about these things."
"The second is Wang Kai, male, 54 years old. The coffee cleaner, this person was withdrawn, and it was difficult to interrogate him."
"The other is Luo Linrong, female, 25 years old. Fang Yang's classmate, Fang Yang's ex-girlfriend, has excellent academic performance."
"The fourth is Kong Yue, female, 23 years old. She is also a classmate of Fang Yang. She had conflicts with Fang Yang because of some issues. She was also a tough guy and had a bad reputation in school.
"None of the suspects had an alibi on the night of the fourth." Constable Li added.
"Huh?" Su Hon snorted, "Is everyone monitored?"
"We only monitored these key personnel because of the shortage of manpower," the detective explained.
Constable Li thought for a moment and said, "Wei Changjian was also within the scope of our investigation."
"Wei Changjian?" Su Heng asked, "What kind of person?"
"Associate professor of Noe River University, he looks elegant and easy-going, but there is a lot of rumors among the students. Some people say that his thesis is falsified, and that he had affairs with his students. He was poor in constitution with a serious heart disease in retrospect. Leaving the drug is like giving him a sentence."
"Has the casualties of the explosion been counted?" Su Heng suddenly asked a question that was not very relevant to the case.
"Because it was late at night and was not a working day, fortunately there were no major casualties. Only three employees had burns of varying degrees. Among them was one of our commissioners, but Wan Yuying" Constable Li paused, reluctant to say more. Went on, "She is too close to the explosion."
Su Hon continued concentrating on smoking his pipe.
"Things seem to have a clue, go ahead. It must not be because of this." Su Heng looked at the two young men sitting opposite him, "You came to me because something else happened."
"Yes..." the police officer murmured, lowering his head.
"Yesterday we found the body of Wei Changjian."
Su Hon motioned to the constable to continue.
"We received this news this morning. In the alley near Wei Changjian's home, several naughty children found him. We went to the scene and found Wei Changjian with a hideous face, fell to the ground. He was sent to the doctor but finally died. Information is under lockdown. The death was between 12 o'clock and 2 o'clock in the evening. The cause of death," Constable Li sighed, "arsenic poisoning."
"It was caused by injection. Although the autopsy report has not come out, it has been confirmed that the death was caused by arsenic trioxide injection."
"In other words," Su Hon touched his chin and said, “He died in slow agony.”
"Yes, a terrifying way to die." Constable Li said.
"Has the casualties of the bombing been announced to the public?" Su Heng asked suddenly.
"Ah..." Constable Li was also obviously caught off guard by this question. "Information on casualties has been announced, and claims by families of the casualties were also finished. Noe River University students spontaneously initiated activities to commemorate Wan Yuying a few days ago, saying she is a fighter for justice."
"It can't be suppressed anymore. We are afraid that large-scale social unrest will occur if this continues." Constable Li sighed and shook his head.
"I see." Su Hon sat back, "I already know the basic information. Leave the documents and you two can go."
"Well..." The police officers looked at each other.
"I will give you the answer tomorrow." Su Heng said.
After sending away the two police, Su Hon immediately called me.
"Mukhe, this is Su Heng. Please publish a message in your newspaper and post it on the front page tomorrow."
"Associate Professor Wei Changjian of Noe River University survived miraculously from arsenic poisoning."

☆ Reader Challenge
At this point in the plot of the story, I inserted a few words to test the reader's wisdom, which really made me selfishly entertained, beyond description. Why is it joyful? Because this case does have many details worth thinking. It's indeed a pleasure for someone who is often teased by readers. It is a real pleasure.
"Is this a difficult case?" They asked, "Oh my God, I will solve it all at once!" If you can use the following sentence to respond to the above statement, it will be a lot of fun: "Okay. Well, readers, you may think that the solution is just right, but unexpectedly you have been fooled!"
I may be overly optimistic. In any case, the overall situation is set. Careless readers, you should know that you now have all the facts and can accurately answer this question: what is the truth of the story?
I dared to say with all my heart: Garde à vous, go to your brain!
Han Mukhe
| 楼主| 发表于 2020-12-14 18:50:15 | 发自安卓客户端 | 显示全部楼层 发帖际遇
审核过了吗
| 发表于 2020-12-14 21:16:42 | 来自小霸王手机 | 显示全部楼层
garde-a-vous还可以这么用?
登录帐号可查看完整回帖内容
| 发表于 2020-12-16 15:15:05 | 显示全部楼层
哦豁 ,英文版hhh
登录帐号可查看完整回帖内容
| 发表于 2020-12-17 06:55:14 | 发自安卓客户端 | 显示全部楼层 发帖际遇
好看
登录帐号可查看完整回帖内容
| 发表于 2020-12-17 23:14:08 | 发自安卓客户端 | 显示全部楼层
应该是孔悦
登录帐号可查看完整回帖内容
| 发表于 2020-12-18 19:48:51 | 显示全部楼层 发帖际遇
马克等正解~
登录帐号可查看完整回帖内容
| 楼主| 发表于 2020-12-27 01:54:27 | 显示全部楼层 发帖际遇
12月5日 深夜 诺江市第一人民医院
诺江一院是诺江市最大的医院。来往人群穿行不止,行色匆匆、熙熙攘攘。每日,有无数的悲欢离合在此上演。
三楼重症监护区,一位医师全副武装,推着载满医疗设备的小车,每一个房间,挨个巡查着。
它敲敲303房的房门,推开,进入,回身又悄悄地把门关上。屋内灯光昏暗,它摸索着将室内灯光调亮。
屋内只一张床,空空荡荡,没有人躺过的痕迹。
旁边的椅子上坐着一位老人。
医师微微颔首表示歉意,“打扰了。”说罢准备离开。
“不准备留下来谈谈吗?”
医师的身体肉眼可见的突然变得僵硬。
“万钰滢。”
坐在那里的人是苏珩。

医师摘下口罩,“你是警察吗?”
“一个糟老头子罢了。”

“你就这么想让韦昌剑死?甚至不惜冒着被发现的风险?你知道的,现在的人脸识别和监控技术分分钟就能发现你。”苏珩问。
“他们不会再去找一个死人的,“万钰滢面无表情,淡淡地说,“你是怎么找到我我的?”
“我这大半辈子经历过不少的案件,我和死人打交道的时间比你的年龄都大。”苏珩叹口气,像是在和一位迷途的晚辈谈心。
“我们谈谈你的出现吧,那封信。
“那场针对匿名者的爆炸有很多的疑点。首先,我们假定信中有关于案件的信息,写信者的目的是提供信息,那么写信者就首先必须知道这些事。写信者的信息来源可以分为两种情况,一种他自己获得的,第二种是听说,当然,我们在这里完全可以把第二种情况排除——没有哪个人用这种手法惹火上身。而前者解释则可以有两种:它亲历了案件,或它旁观了案件。
“亲历案件者,提交匿名信的情况为:良心发现想告诉警方真相,或因为纠纷想把对方搞掉。但前者完全无必要用匿名信的办法,直接自首甚至可能从轻发落,而后者则更不可能在特定地点和警方会面。旁观案件者,一则没有被发现,那更无匿名必要;一则怕说出真相会招致祸端,故不得不匿名,但又为何要在特定时刻特定场合与警方会面?如果一个人铁了心要匿名,他就不会和警方会面;如果要和警方会面,他就不可能保持匿名,这本身就是一个两难局面。所以,这种情况只有一个解释,也只能是唯一的解释,那就是推倒假设:写信者的目的并不是提供信息。
“而写一封信不提供信息又能如何?所以案件的关键根本不在信件和匿名者,而是为何会在特定时刻特定地点约警方会面?
特定时刻特定地点发生案件,警方亲历,最容易被证明的是什么?就是在场者的死亡。但是在场者是否就是写信者?
“我们无法证明送信者和写信者是同一个人。到目前为止,我们甚至可以做出一个大胆的假设:这个案件和信件无关。那么我们换一种说辞:我们无法证明检举揭发的人和被炸死的人是同一个人。
“在警局的调查分析报告中的确有很多值得玩味的地方,但是最让我感兴趣的,就是关于万钰滢的身份认证的问题。
“调查报告中出现了数不胜数的线索和证据,无论是物证还是事证,都证明,在爆炸中身亡的人,除了你,不可能有他者,同时,在警方那里,这个结论,似乎也是一个看起来颠扑不破的事实。但是,就像我说的一样,我要问的是——
“关于你的身份认证,可以证伪吗?
“我重新审视警方所谓颠扑不破的证据,但无论是饰品抑或是亲属认证或其他,似乎都证明不了那个人,不能不是你。
“在逻辑论证中我意识到在爆炸中的万钰滢是可以被替换,那么接下来的一个疑问理所应当的出现在我脑海中:如果真的不是同一个人,那么这么做的目的是为什么?
“一场爆炸案发生,有人证明一个人被炸死,它的身份被确认,它死了。这就是你的目的。一场精心谋划的假死。
“所以当我继续深入询问关于现场伤亡情况后,我有了很大的把握这一定是有人在精心策划的,但是为什么?它为什么要这么做?”
“你给了我答案,”苏珩无奈地向对方说,“你太心急了。
“你本可以等事情的风头过去后再杀韦昌剑的,你也可以用其他不引人注目的手段,你是他的学生,你比我更清楚他的心脏状况。
“一个夜半时分出现在家附近巷子中的,身体不怎么好的人,痛苦的死去。无论是事件还是死亡原因都可以认为是熟人作案,但是是谁才能在半夜把一个副教授叫到如此僻静的地方呢?或者说,那条巷子里藏着什么秘密?”                                       
“所以韦昌剑终究还是死了。”万玉莹说。
“不会有人能在注射大量三氧化砷后还能活过一个小时的。”
“那晚他在巷子里看到我的那种惊恐的表情,我能记一辈子。我亲眼看到他倒在我面前,速效救心丸滚到我脚下,被我踢开了。取而代之的是20ml百分之三十的三氧化砷溶液。”
苏珩没有说话,静静地等着她说下去。
“你不知道那个禽兽对我做了什么,”万钰滢平静地说,就好像这件事与她无关,“各种意义上的。”
“你同时要为方阳的死负责。”
“在那二十几个人里我最不想让他死,看他避开众人跑进厕所的时候我甚至给他打急救电话。”
“你在柜台随便找了一杯咖啡把毒药下进去,你不在意谁会喝了它。你只需要一个交匿名信,让自己毁尸灭迹的机会。但是你不怕自己喝到下毒的那杯吗?”
“我是去兼职的,我喝不起咖啡。”
“可惜了你的金吊坠。”
“那是我全身上下最值钱的东西了,我从出生就一直带着它,那天晚上我给了一个流浪汉三百块钱,告诉他库区还有金项链。”
“然后你利用库区的纰漏完成了你的目的,一切都在你计划之中,现场最后除了金项链,什么都不会留下。”苏珩赞叹道,“手眼通天啊。”
“这个腐败的管理没什么好说的,没有库区我还能找其他的办法,只要我死了就好。”
“因为他们不会再去找一个死人。”
“你没想过找警察吗?关于你导师的事情。”苏珩没再说什么。
”呵,“万钰滢笑了,“警察?”她再也没说一句话。

303的门突然被踹开,从门外涌入几个警察,刘警探冲上前,将万钰滢当场逮捕。
“苏老师,你和我们要求的十分钟单独对话结束了。”刘警探向苏珩示意。
苏珩站起身走了,头都没回一下。
| 楼主| 发表于 2020-12-27 01:54:40 | 显示全部楼层 发帖际遇
5 December  Late at night  Noe River No.1 Genral Hospital
The Noe River No.1 Genral Hospital is the largest hospital in Noe River City, with people passing by, hurrying and bustling. Every day, countless sorrows and joys take place here.
In the intensive care area on the third floor, a healer, carrying a cart full of medical equipments, was inspecting each room, one by one.
It knocked on the door of room 303, push it open, entered, turned back and quietly closed the door again. The room was dimly lit, and it fumbled to turn up the interior lights.
There was only one bed in the room, empty, no sign of anyone lying there.
An old man was sitting in a chair next to it.
The healer nodded slightly in apology, "Excuse me." It said and prepared to leave.
"Aren't you going to stay and talk?"
The healer's body suddenly became stiff to the naked eye.
"Wan."
The person sitting there was Su Hon.

"You want Wei Changjian to die that badly? Even at the risk of being found out? You know, the face recognition and surveillance technology nowadays can spot you in minutes." Su Hon asked.
The healer took off her mask, "Are you a policeman?"
"An old man, just that."
"They won't go after a dead person again," Wan Yuying said faintly, her face expressionless, "How did you find me?"
"I've been through a lot of cases in most of my life, and I've dealt with death for longer than you're even old enough." Su Heng sighed.
"Let's talk about your appearance, that letter.
"There's a lot of doubt about that explosion against the anonymous. First of all, let's assume the letter contained information about the case and that the writer's purpose was to provide information, then the writer would have had to know these things first. The source of the writer's information can be divided into two cases, one which he obtained himself and the other which he heard about, of course we can completely rule out the second case here - no one uses this to get into trouble. The former explanation, on the other hand, can be of two kinds: it experienced the case personally, or it observed it from the sidelines.
"One who has personally witnessed the case and submitted an anonymous letter would be in the following situations: it has a guilty conscience and wants to tell the police the truth, or it wants to screw the other person over because of a dispute. The former, however, has no need for anonymous letters at all, and may even get a lighter sentence if they just turn themselves in, while the latter are much less likely to meet the police at a particular place. If a bystander is not found out, then there is no need for anonymity; if he is afraid that telling the truth will lead to trouble, he has to remain anonymous, but why should he meet with the police at a particular time and in a particular place? If a person is determined to remain anonymous, he will not meet with the police; if he wants to meet with the police, it is impossible for him to remain anonymous, which is a dilemma therein. So there is only one explanation for this situation, and it can be the only explanation, and that is to push back on the assumption that the letter writer's purpose is not to provide information.
"But what can be done about writing a letter that does not provide information? So the case is not about the letter and the anonymous person at all, but why would one make an appointment to meet with the police at a particular place at a particular moment?
“What’s the easiest thing to prove when a case occurs in a specific place at a specific moment and the police are there in person? It is the death of the person who was present. But is the present one who wrote the letter?
"We cannot prove that the sender of the letter and the writer of the letter are the same. So far, we can even make the bold assumption that the case has nothing to do with the letter. Then let's put it another way: we can't prove that the person who reported the denunciation and the person who was killed by the bombing are the same person.
"There are indeed many interesting points in the police station's investigation and analysis report, but the one that interests me the most is the question about the identification of Wan.
"Countless clues and evidence appear in the investigation report, both physical and circumstantial, to prove that the person who died in the explosion could not have been anyone other than Wan Yuying, and at the same time, this conclusion, with the police, seems to be a seemingly unbreakable fact. But, as I said, what I have to ask is -
"Regarding your identification, is it falsifiable?
"I re-examine the police's supposedly unbreakable evidence, but neither the trinkets nor the kinship certification or anything else seems to prove that the person, can't be you.
"In the logical argument I realised that Wan in the explosion was replaceable, so the next question rightly came to my mind: if it really wasn't the same person, then what was the purpose of doing so?
"A bombing occurs, someone testifies that a person was killed by the blast, it is identified, it dies. That's what you're going for. A carefully planned fake death.
"So as I continued to question in depth about the casualties at the scene, I had a pretty idea that this had to have been orchestrated, but why? Why would it do that?"
"You gave me the answer," Su Hon said helplessly to the other man, "you were too eager.
"You could have waited for things to clam down before killing Wei Changjian. You could have used other unobtrusive means. You were his student and you knew the condition of his heart better than I did.
"A man who appeared in the middle of the night in an alley near his home, not in very good health, died in agony. Both the incident and the cause of death could be considered the work of an acquaintance, but who could call an associate professor to such a secluded place in the middle of the night? Or is there some secret hidden in that alleyway?"                                       
"So Wei Changjian is dead after all." Wan Yuying said.
"No one could live past an hour after injecting a large amount of arsenic trioxide."
"For the rest of my life I would never forget the horrified look on his face when he saw me in the alley that night. I watched him collapse in front of me as the pills rolled to my feet. I kicked it away from me. In its place was 20ml of a thirty percent solution of arsenic trioxide."
Su Hon said nothing, waiting quietly for her to go on.
"You don't know what that beast did to me," Ying Wan said calmly, as if the incident had nothing to do with her, "in every sense of word."
"You're responsible for Fang Yang's death at the same time."
"I didn't want him to die the most out of those two dozen people I even wanted to call him an emergency when I watched him run into the toilet avoiding the crowd."
"You slipped the poison in with a random coffee at the counter. You didn't care who would drink it. You just needed a chance to hand in an anonymous letter and get yourself died. But aren't you afraid you'll drink the poisoned cup?"
"I'm there part-time but I just can't afford it."
"Pity about your gold pendant."
"It was the most valuable thing I had on mine all. I'd had it since I was born, and that night I gave a homeless three dollars and told him there were a gold necklaces in the depot."
"Then you used the slip-up in the depot to accomplish your purpose. Everything was in your plan, and nothing would be left at the end of the scene but the gold necklace." Su Hon exclaimed, "Handy."
"There's nothing to say about this corrupt administration, I can find other ways without the depot, as long as I'm dead."
"Because they won't go after another dead man."
"Haven't you thought about going to the police? To say something about your mentor." Su Hon didn't say anything else.
"Heh," Wan Yuying laughed, "the police?" She also didn't say another word anymore.

The door to 303 was suddenly kicked open and several polices poured in through the door, Detective Liu rushed forward and arrested Ying Wan Yuying on the spot.
"Su, your ten-minute private conversation with our request is over." Detective Liu gestured to Su Hon.
Su Hon stood up and walked away not even looking back.
返回版块
尚未登录
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入学院